SSH Agent keys >4096 bit?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri May 4 20:40:37 CEST 2012

On Fri,  4 May 2012 16:17, gnupg at oneiroi.net said:

> I think I should give Werner much faster phone now ;) (on my own using
> 8192-bit RSA key takes about 2-4 seconds to successfully auth; phone was

2 seconds are way too long.  I look at most mails not even for a second;
if I need to wait 2 seconds for decryption and another 2 for verifying
the signature, this will be a very noticeable delay.  From a UI design
point of view, any noticeable delay is a no go.

And for sure I need to make sure a power socket is close to me if my
device is constantly crunching numbers.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner