Testing GPG EMail encryption

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed May 23 11:37:33 CEST 2012

On 23/05/12 11:19, Branko Majic wrote:
> As a curiosity, any ideas on what you would do to avoid use of this system
> for spam purposes? (although encrypted spam won't be of much use :)

A simple challenge-response system should suffice, I'd say. When a new user
mails to such an address, he receives a reply with a code that should again be
mailed back to indicate the user is a human and can respond to the challenge.

Bots could be adapted to defeat a lot of variations of this, but when it's a
special-purpose design, I don't think it would be worth their time. Otherwise,
use a captcha. I've never seen captcha's used in e-mail traffic, but it's easily
done.

Peter.

My key is available at http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~lebbing/pubkey.txt