changing the default for --keyid-format

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue May 29 21:23:08 CEST 2012

On Tue, 29 May 2012 19:44, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:

> Anyway.  If people are interested in what I found out about effective
> user-interface design with respect to certificate managers, say the
> word.  Otherwise I'll crawl back under my rock and leave the subject

GPA has many different ways to show keys.  IMHO the selection box which
pops up in GPA, if run as a UI-server, can't figure out the key to use.
I have always thought that this is better than the the standard GPA
frontpage, which shows all keys; despite that the most common operation
then is trying to locate the right key.  A search box would make much
more sense here.  However, changing such a common UI might result in a
lot of negative comments - people love what they once learned.

Yes, I am interested in your findings.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner