getting an encrypted file to show what public key was used

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue May 29 21:29:51 CEST 2012

On Tue, 29 May 2012 19:54, lefevre.10 at osu.edu said:

> This is, not surprisingly, the case. There was bad logic in my script
> and somehow, somewhere, it's using the wrong key for this particular

Speaking of scripts:  Scripts should use --with-colons and never try to
parse the regular output.  --with-colons prints the long bit key ID.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

p.s.
I have said this at least a hundred times, but it is still not known
well enough.  The small scripts in tools/ use this method and should
give the intial idea to look into the man page and check what this
--with-colons is about.  Would an option --annotate which enables
--with-colons, --batch, and --status-fd be helpful?