changing the default for --keyid-format

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed May 30 04:03:57 CEST 2012

On 5/29/12 9:57 PM, reynt0 wrote:
> In general, being able to examine variation of content within
> uniformity of structure is also a way to legitimate the
> specific content of interest.

As I said, it's useful when data must be contextualized.  For a
spreadsheet, the information in one row must be put in the context of
information in other rows.  This isn't the case for a certificate
manager, though: each certificate is its own self-contained entity.
Whether I have 500 RSA keys or 1 RSA key doesn't matter to me in the
slightest: I just want to look at this *one particular* RSA key, etc.

There may be a use case for contextualization in certificates, but if so
I haven't found it yet.  :)