[ANN] Hockeypuck: OpenPGP Keyserver

Kristian Fiskerstrand kristian.fiskerstrand at sumptuouscapital.com
Mon Nov 5 18:12:51 CET 2012

On 11/05/2012 04:04 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On 11/04/2012 10:46 PM, Casey Marshall wrote:
>> I’d like to share Hockeypuck, an OpenPGP Keyserver I’ve developed in
>> Go (http://golang.org).
> Cool, i'm glad to hear of it.  Does this sync with any of the existing
> SKS network?  I saw no mention of peer synchronization in the README or
> the project page.
>
> 	--dkg

Indeed interesting to hear of new keyserver implementations, and having
a less homogeneous system should only be beneficial to the overall
security.

Re SKS sync, this seems to be filed as a RFE/bug already at [0]. Does it
currently sync through the old PKS system / email?

Another RFE seems to be RFC6637 support - as the keyserver at the moment
seems unable to accept my key [1]. In addition, if you want the
keyserver to be included in the pool[2] I'd request a
/pks/lookup?op=stats implementation similar to SKS (and indeed GnuKS[3],
that is implemented with a Software: header)

Looking forwards to seeing how this keyserver evolves :)

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/hockeypuck/+bug/1044767
[1] https://keys2.kfwebs.net/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x43FE956C542CA00B
[2] https://sks-keyservers.net/status/
[3] http://key-server.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats

--
----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.sumptuouscapital.com
Twitter: @krifisk
----------------------------
Potius sero quam numquam
Better late then never
This email was digitally signed using the OpenPGP
standard. If you want to read more about this
The book: Sending Emails - The Safe Way: An
introduction to OpenPGP security is
available in both Amazon Kindle and Paperback
format at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RSG1S4/
Public PGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at http://www.sumptuouscapital.com/pgp/