Is it possible to create additional signatures for subkeys?

Wed Nov 7 22:08:24 CET 2012

Am Mi 07.11.2012, 03:58:16 schrieb Hauke Laging:

> Or is there no fundamental reason
> against this but due to lack of demand this has not been implemented?

The question by someone else how to adapt the expiration date gave me the idea
how to create a new signature for a subkey. This can indeed be done by --edit-
key expire, it is not even necessary to strip off the revocation signature in
advance. But in contrast to UIDs gpg does not use the newest signature.
Despite of the newer self-signature the subkey is still treated as invalid.

Just for info in case someone is interested. I don't know whether this is a
bug or a feature, though. As long as the mainkey is not revoked this behaviour
does not make sense to me.

Hauke
--
☺
PGP: 7D82 FB9F D25A 2CE4 5241 6C37 BF4B 8EEF 1A57 1DF5 (seit 2012-11-04)