gpg-agent partitioning between sessions?

Pete Ashdown pashdown at xmission.com
Mon Nov 12 23:59:40 CET 2012

On 11/12/2012 03:52 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
> What do you mean by that? Are you talking about different users, or do
> you want to have different key stores for different terminals for the
> same user? If the latter, why?

The latter, if someone compromises a system with a running agent, I don't
want them to have access to everything I have an ssh-key for.  Ssh-agent
asks for the key password with each new session.  With gpg-agent, all I
need to do is hit return on the key password and it appears to pass through
to another gpg-agent so access is granted without any key password prompting.