collision vs. preimage attacks: policy for signing data created by others

spam man spam2000 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 17:51:57 CEST 2012

So the question is...

1.) I have two different messages that have the same hash value (a
collision).
           hash("foo") = abcdefg
           hash("bar") = abcdefg

2.) Now you want to append identical new data to the messages and see if
the new hashes would still be collisions?
          hash("foo and here are some more words") = tuvwxyz
          hash("bar and here are some more words") = tuvwxyz

Is this your question?