Information on a gpg encrypted file

Andreas Mattheiss please.post at publicly.invalid
Sat Oct 20 00:57:36 CEST 2012

Thanks for the reply.

Am Sat, 20 Oct 2012 00:18:40 +0200 schrieb Werner Koch:

> For an encrypted message
> the other information are only available after decryption.

I see. Looks like this basic "handling info" is also encrypted with the
unsymmetric key.

In fact it needs gpg -vvv to elicit this information:

gpg: TWOFISH encrypted data
:compressed packet: algo=3

Reason for asking was because I played around a bit with the
compression/cipher preferences in my public key and wanted to see if it
actually uses say TWOFISH if I put it to the top of the queue of
acceptable ciphers. It does.

Thanks, regards
Andreas

--
LISTER: But we don't loot space corp derelicts. We just hack our way in
and swipe what we *need*.