[gnupg-users] Change key password in batch mode

Jaime Fernández jaimefdez86 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 11:29:46 CEST 2012

2012/10/19 Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>

> On Mon,  8 Oct 2012 13:13, jaimefdez86 at gmail.com said:
>
> > $ gpg --batch --passphrase-fd 0 --status-fd 2 --command-fd 0 --edit-key
> user
>
> What's wrong with
>
>   gpg2 --passwd USER
>
> ?

But then I have to use pinentry, and I don't want to. I tried

     gpg --passwd USER --batch --passphrase-fd 0

but I can only write the old-password, the command finished without leave
me type the new password. I think that passphrase-fd only read one password
at a time.

> > But gpg never gives me the chance to write the new password. I saw other
> > similar post
>
> Do not use --passphrase-fd along with --command-fd.

 I had used these options together to change the expiration date, is it
wrong?

> Salam-Shalom,
>
>    Werner
>
> --
> Die Gedanken sind frei.  Ausnahmen regelt ein Bundesgesetz.

Thanks for your help