A safe text editor // why??

antispam06 at sent.at antispam06 at sent.at
Tue Sep 11 00:13:15 CEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012, at 19:45, vedaal at nym.hush.com wrote:
> Either people are on their own computers, which they trust, and
> which they can cleanse the memory and reboot, or they are on
> untrusted computers, where memory is the least of their problems.
>
> In any event, it is simply possible to avoid the entire issue, by
> booting from static media (i.e. ubuntu) writing to usb only, using
> any ubuntu editor, and then rebooting when done.

Why? For the same reason people are on the Internet when the postal
services around the World are fastest than ever and book publisher are
delivering each year more books than in the previous. PGP/GPG exist for
the exact same reason. I can get a feather and write my letter. Each
character written with a wider stroke is a dash and the regular ones are
dots in my own gang private Morse Code. I can send the ISBN of a very
common book and we can encode somehow the date into the page numbers.
Than send the coordinates of the words I want to use. Or get our own
private twist to one of the speedwriting alphabets. Steganography? Get a
business. Say as a photographer. Send a complimentary framed photo. On
the glued side of the frame there is a message. Sky is the limit!

The irony: there are probably millions of text editors. And they are all
working for the Big Brother.

Cheers!