GPG decryption in batch

Hemant Rumde Hemant.Rumde at us.ing.com
Wed Sep 12 19:58:46 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am working in ING US Boston area. We were planning to use Symantec PGP for our requirements. However due to license cost, management
has decided to use GNU GPG.

Daily we receive many encrypted files from our business partners.  Some files are received on Linux/Unix while some are on Windows.
Our decryption operation is automated by Perl and shell scripts. On Linux/Unix, all batch scripts are decrypting files successfully.

On windows, we are using cygwin.  In bash shell on cygwin,  I get window prompt for passphrase.  I guess, windows gpg does not accept passphrase
from command line or from a file.

Is there any option to specify passphrase in batch process? I want to avoid window prompt for passphrase. There would be 500 to 600 encrypted files. Our operator cannot enter passphrase for each file.

Thanks
Hemant
ING US Boston

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.