Backing up Private Keys

Ashley Holman dscvlt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 07:35:46 CEST 2013

Hi all,

When I export my private key using `gpg --export-secret-key --armor', and
then delete all of my keys and re-impot from the exported secret key, it
seems to give me both the public and private key back.  Does this mean that
the public key is exported along with the private key?

I'm just trying to work out whether I need to export both the public and
private keys or if --export-secret-key is enough.

Thanks very much
Ash