Reading key capabilities information before importing a key

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Apr 11 23:43:39 CEST 2013

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 22:48, branko at majic.rs said:

> Btw, is there any particular reason why the gpg2 --with-colons key.pub
> command does not list key capabilities?

It can't do that because it does not do any signature verification.  For
that we would need to look at the entire key and evaluate all packets.
--list-packets or giving a key on the command line is nothing more than
a simple dump of the packets without any signature verification.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner