Extracting the session key using gpme?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Apr 17 11:57:48 CEST 2013

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 20:01, _ at lvh.io said:

> I need to make many existing documents available to a new recipient by
> revealing the session key to them (in an encrypted message, of course). I

Yeah, there is long standing request to add a feature to to that
directly in gpg.

> gpgme. The documentation does not even appear to have the phrase "session

There won't be support for it in GPGME.  Why should we make it easy to
do key escrow.  If we ever add a a re-encrypt feature to gpg, if would
make sense to add this to GPGME as well.  But please don't demand it for
the --{show,override}-session-key options.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner