question on decryption with missing passcode

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Apr 18 01:45:56 CEST 2013

On 4/17/2013 7:39 PM, Henry Hertz Hobbit wrote:
> Daniel Kahn Gillmor is correct on this being a file permissions
> problem or maybe an OS problem for a file of that large size.

Not for a 1Gb file, it's not.  Even FAT32 can handle that, and FAT32's
about as brain-dead a filesystem as you're ever likely to come across.
Further, if it was a file size issue, then how did the file ever get
successfully copied in the first place?

If this turns out to be a file size issue I'll donate 100EUR to g10
Code.  That's how sure I am it's not a file size issue.