Web of Trust in Practical Usage

Quinn Wood wood.quinn.s at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 18:31:56 CEST 2013

Key signing is held up as an integral part of asymmetric encryption's
usefulness- determining that you are indeed communicating with who you
think you are.

However, gnupg does not recurse signatures on imported or updated keys, and
I am unable to find a single reference to a simple method of determining
the most trusted (based on signature webs, hops, and/or other web of trust
concepts) key matching a full or partial ID (name, comment, or email.)

I would very much like to know if tools like this exist. Are any known, and
if so where can I find more information about them?