best practice for handing over the private key

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 15:31:24 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Your description sounds, to me, as if you are only generating a key for the other persons use.

Not quite. At the beginning I need to use those keys myself in order
to create the needed database objects. Once those are done, I need to
hand over the private key to other person. So basically I'm generating
a key pair for other persons use which I need to use myself at the
beginning.

So you mean that my correspondent sends me his public key, encrypted
to my public key which he finds from the key-server, in an e-mail.
Then I generate the key pair needed for the project. Finally I encrypt
the project private key with his public key and e-mail this encrypted
private key to him. Once he confirms that he has received the project
private key, I will delete the project private key from my machine as
I do not need it any more. Is that what you meant?

regards,
Martin