Can I create domain keys?

Henry Hertz Hobbit hhhobbit at securemecca.net
Wed Aug 14 12:06:59 CEST 2013

On 08/14/2013 08:33 AM, Johan Wevers wrote:
> On 14-08-2013 5:36, Foo Bar wrote:
>
>> I would like to create a domain key, which can be used for all
>> emails in a particular domain. For example, if the key is for
>> "*@example.com", then sending to both "foo at example.com" and
> "bar at example.com"
>> would use this key.
>>
>> Is this possible with GPG?
>
> You can use each key for each mail, your sender address doesn't have to
> be the address in the key.

I am not saying you are wrong because I don't know. But it does
seem dangerous from a real world practical point of view.
Should I really be able to send a message pretending to come
from herrprofessor at monsters.edu when I am really just a visitor
to the University being awarded an Honery degree?  Part of that
was being given a hhhobbit at monsters.edu email account since
all people granted a Ph.D. are also given an email account that
they can use until they are dead unless they ask that it be
closed down.

BTW, it is really monsters.com, not monsters.edu.

HHH