Can I create domain keys?

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Thu Aug 15 10:14:55 CEST 2013

On 08/13/2013 08:36 PM, Foo Bar wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I would like to create a domain key, which can be used for all emails in a particular domain. For example, if the key is for "*@example.com", then sending to both "foo at example.com" and "bar at example.com" would use this key.
>
> Is this possible with GPG?

As others have pointed out, you _can_ do this, there is nothing to
prevent it.

If your real question is, "Will most mail software automatically
recognize that mail to <random>@example.com should use this key?" The
answer is almost certainly, "Not by default." Most popular mail tools
can be configured to do so, but if you're looking for a solution that
will work "out of the box" this almost certainly isn't it.

hope this helps,

Doug