No secret key on 1 file

Steven Bonda sbonda at advance-medical.com
Wed Aug 14 22:30:26 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to decrypt a series of PGP files with GPG.

When I run the following command:

Gpg2 -batch -passphrase pass -o c:\temp\temp.txt -d c:\temp\file.pgp

I get the error:

gpg: encrypted with RSA key, ID 727A253D

gpg: decryption failed: No secret key

If I use PGP Zip with the same keyring, I am able to decrypt the file.

When I try to re-import the public keyring with command:

Gpg2 -import <redacted>\pubring.skr

I get:

gpg: Key A328FC0E: <redacted> not changed

gpg: Total number processed: 1

gpg: unchanged: 1

When I try to re-import the secret ring with command:

Gpg2 -import <redacted>\secring.skr

I get:

gpg: key A328FC0E: already in secret keyring

gpg: Total number processed: 1

gpg: secret keys read: 1

gpg: secret keys unchanged: 1

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

-- Steve