No secret key on 1 file

Steven Bonda sbonda at advance-medical.com
Fri Aug 16 18:20:10 CEST 2013

I did a lot of research and digging and was finally able to get the file to
decrypt:

c:\temp>gpg2 --batch --try-all-secrets --passphrase pass -o temp.txt -d
temp.txt.pgp
gpg: anonymous recipient; trying secret key A328FC0E ...
gpg: WARNING: cipher algorithm IDEA not found in recipient preferences
gpg: okay, we are the anonymous recipient.
gpg: encrypted with RSA key, ID 727A253D
gpg: old style (PGP 2.x) signature
gpg: Signature made 08/15/13 03:31:01 Eastern Daylight Time using DSA key ID
C0649AF6
gpg: WARNING: message was not integrity protected

c:\temp>

fwiw, I'd welcome any information on what happened just because I'd like to
know what happened.

Maybe this helps someone in the future.

Thanks for all the help.
-- STeve

> gpg: encrypted with RSA key, ID 727A253D
> gpg: decryption failed: No secret key

Please check thenoutput of

  gpg2 -v -K 727A253D

If you can't see the reason, you may want to

  gpg2 -v --edit-key 727A253D

to see some more details.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner