Aw: Re: Re: multiple keys with different UIDs and common WoT?

Klaus gpgml at gmx-topmail.de
Sun Dec 1 12:42:16 CET 2013

> From: "Peter Lebbing" <peter at digitalbrains.com>
> > - You ask people, when they certify you, to certify both keys. It's a rare
> > event, it's not that big of a burden all in all.
>
> A small detail I forgot to mention: people sign key/UID pairs. Obviously when
> you have an UID "Klaus <klaus at employer1.de>" and you go work for employer2, that
> UID should be revoked and you will lose signatures on that UID. But you can
> also[1] add an UID "Klaus", without e-mail, and get that certified. That UID
> will still be valid, and there are multiple options for people sending you mail
> to <Klaus at employer2.de>:

That is currently maybe the best way, but it creates another problem: What if I
have/want to still be available under my old address?

One solution would be not to split between private/work, but between secure/unsecure.
When I leave employer1, I will remove the UID for this address from the unsecure and
add it to my secure key. That way, I will still be able to receive new mail on my
home machine.

Will it harm to have the same email-part of an UID for two keys? e.g.
- Klaus (secure) klaus at employer1.de
- Klaus (unsecure) klaus at employer1.de

Klaus
--
Diese E-Mail wurde aus dem Sicherheitsverbund E-Mail made in
Germany versendet: http://www.gmx.net/e-mail-made-in-germany