Any future for the Crypto Stick?

Andreas Schwier (ML) andreas.schwier.ml at cardcontact.de
Mon Dec 2 20:37:07 CET 2013

Wait a second - you can not simply hide a backdoor in a Common Criteria
evaluated operating system. There are too many entities that would need
to be involved in the process: The manufacturer, the evaluator, the
certification body and possibly a national regulator (Here for example
NXP, TÜV-IT, BSI and Bundesnetzagentur).

And if there were a backdoor, then the manufacturer could be held liable
if the backdoor was exploited. They wouldn't risk their business just to
comply with a fairly small US smart card market requirement.

Btw. we are working on a solution to add OpenPGP support for our
SmartCard-HSM, which is running on a JCOP platform. It's available as
card, USB-Stick or MicroSD card.

Andreas

--

    ---------    CardContact Software & System Consulting