gpgsm and dirmngr

Jens Lechtenboerger cloudpg at informationelle-selbstbestimmung-im-internet.de
Sun Dec 15 15:33:25 CET 2013

Dear reader,

I’m experimenting with gpgsm and dirmngr.  Please redirect me to a
more appropriate mailing list, if it exists.

Does dirmngr only speak LDAPv2?  If I configure a LDAPv3 server, it
complains about the “historical protocol” upon bind from dirmngr.
This appears to indicate use of v2 by dirmngr.

The README (2013-04-26) of dirmngr 1.1.0 states: “Note that GnuPG
includes an updated Dirmngr starting with GnuPG 2.1.”  The latest
version of GnuPG 2.1 seems to be gnupg-2.1.0beta3 dating back to
20-Dec-2011.  What happened to the GnuPG 2.1 branch?  What is the
most recent version of dirmngr?

Thanks
Jens