please give us safer defaults for gnupg

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Dec 17 21:34:10 CET 2013

> All of his reasons are easily countered.

Looking over it, my impression is that his principal criticism is, "It
is not all things to all people."

To which my response is -- nothing in this world is, so why should
OpenPGP be any different?  OpenPGP provides a useful set of
capabilities and tools, but if you need it to do something that it
clearly doesn't then you need to look elsewhere.

To return to the racing metaphor -- my Mustang GT is a hardtop.  If I
feel like putting the top down and enjoying the wind through my hair,
I need to get a different car.  This doesn't make my Mustang GT
inferior or inadequate, nor does it mean I shouldn't drive my Mustang
GT.  It just means I need to acknowledge the fact my car is a hardtop.