[Announce] GnuPG launches crowdfunding campaign

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Thu Dec 19 18:38:30 CET 2013

Johannes Zarl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe my English is a little rusty, but what exactly is a "spanking server"?

Presumably a contraction from "brand spanking new" a phrase normal
& common in England when I grew up there. I think "brand spanking
new server" might also leave nationals of some other international
english variant speaking countries (eg USA) & non native speakers
puzzled. "Spanking server" will set some grinning salaciously ;-)
"Shiney/super new" or similar might be more internationaly understandable :-)

> >From the goteo page:
> > The world's most trusted data encryption tool gets a new website with
> > spanking server, platform and design.
>
>   Johannes

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Interleave replies below like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".