[Announce] GnuPG launches crowdfunding campaign

Mark H. Wood mwood at IUPUI.Edu
Fri Dec 20 15:56:45 CET 2013

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 06:38:30PM +0100, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Johannes Zarl wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Maybe my English is a little rusty, but what exactly is a "spanking server"?
>
> Presumably a contraction from "brand spanking new" a phrase normal
> & common in England when I grew up there.

This is also common in USA, and seems to refer to the tradition of
giving a just-born infant a swat on the rump to encourage the
beginning of breathing (because the baby needs air to yell at you).

At any rate, it means as new as can be; freshly arrived, unpacked or
installed.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mwood at IUPUI.Edu
Machines should not be friendly.  Machines should be obedient.