New GUI frontend for windows

MFPA expires2013 at ymail.com
Fri Dec 27 15:22:25 CET 2013

Hi

On Friday 27 December 2013 at 4:31:08 AM, in
<mid:SNT148-W547FCDE5571A61B0D8A430BFCD0 at phx.gbl>, Alice Bob wrote:

> I did try it on XP without
> noticeable problems. Besides the 'unexpected'
> behavior, did you have any other issues?

The only clickable items are Help, public key, private key, make new
keys. At no point do encrypt, verify signature, decrypt, or sign become
clickable.

When importing keys, there is a Continue option which is
clickable, but clicking it appears to do nothing.

>> But the key
>> has the unexpected UID
> Yes, if you don't specify a name a 'random' one will be chosen for
> you,this is to ease on two new users that exchange keys

The random number makes some sort of sense but in my experience the
obviously fake email address is more a curse than a blessing. When I
get around to replacing my key, the new one will not have the <a at b.c>
(or any real or fake email address).

> and will
> expect a change in the ui when importing a key.

I suspect importing keys didn't work for me.
I saw no changes in the UI.

>> Why have you chosen not to go
>> with the GnuPG default capabilities: encrypt only for the subkey and
>> sign+certify for the master.
> Those are the defaults for unattended key generation.

Interesting. Are you specifying the key algo as "Default" or as "RSA?"
If the latter, you can define the usage flags list yourself (but
certify is mandatory for the master key).

- --
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:expires2013 at ymail.com

Why is the universe here? Well, where else would it be?