1.4.12 beta installer for Windows

Phil Pennock gnupg-users at spodhuis.org
Sat Feb 2 07:56:55 CET 2013

> Veet Vivarto wrote:
> > My friend and I, are working on a easy to use front-end for GPG for Windows
> > and Mac.

Veet,

Know your competition; "GPG Keychain Access" exists for MacOSX, can be
found at http://gpgtools.org/keychain.html and is part of GPGTools,
which also provides Mail.app integration, etc.  It's distributed under
the GPLv3.

I'm not saying "don't do it", I'm just pointing out what already exists.
Perhaps you can do better.  My less-PGP-savvy colleagues swear by it,
and I only don't use it much because I'm too used to the command-line.
(I have it installed anyway, to support those colleagues.)

On 2013-02-01 at 07:32 -0600, John Clizbe wrote:
> Looking in the usual places for ports to Mac OS X...
> Macports [https://www.macports.org/ ]:
> Fink [http://www.finkproject.org/ ]:

The hip cool kids, apparently, are using "brew" and I get sneered at for
using MacPorts.  That's what I get for going to San Francisco
periodically.  ;-)  It uses Ruby, it uses GitHub, it must be cool,
right?

% brew search gnupg
gnupg	gnupg2

% brew info gnupg
gnupg: stable 1.4.12
http://www.gnupg.org/
Not installed
https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/commits/master/Library/Formula/gnupg.rb
--idea
	Build with the patented IDEA cipher
--8192
	Build with support for private keys of up to 8192 bits

% brew info gnupg2
gnupg2: stable 2.0.19
http://www.gnupg.org/
Depends on: libgpg-error, libgcrypt, libksba, libassuan, pinentry, pth, gpg-agent, dirmngr, libusb-compat
Not installed
https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/commits/master/Library/Formula/gnupg2.rb

"Not installed" because I didn't install with brew.  Myself, I'm using
MacPorts, and just behind that in $PATH is a version which came with the
GPGTools installer.

-Phil