GPG Decryption Issue

Kamalakannan N kamalakannan.n at tcs.com
Wed Feb 6 08:40:32 CET 2013

Hello Hauke Laging ,

Really thanks for the mail , but still am facing the same issue .

when i try to import my public and private key once again through Command
prompt ,CMD say's that my keys are already in keyring .

I have  one query on Key IDs,
while am importing massage show that Key ID file for both the keys are
same but as fare i knew there is two different ID for different keys.

Public Key ID  : D36AB872
Private Key ID : E718CCAF

Even my error show that Private key is missing.

My error log is
> gpg: encrypted with RSA key, ID E718CCAF
> gpg: decryption failed: No secret key

Kindly comment on the same and let me know your suggestions

CMD command what ever i tried as follow ,

Private Query Import  :
C:\>gpg --import NavtechKey_sec.asc

gpg: key D36AB872: already in secret keyring
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:   secret keys read: 1
gpg:  secret keys unchanged: 1

Public Query Import :
C:\>gpg --import NavtechKey_pub.asc

gpg: key D36AB872: "Navtech (Navtech Encryption)
<Qantas.ifsmetrics at tcs.com>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:  unchanged: 1

Edit Key :

E:\>gpg --edit-key Navtech
gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.17; Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

 Secret key is available.

pub  2048R/D36AB872  created: 2012-08-01  expires: never       usage: SC
 trust: ultimate      validity: ultimate
sub  2048R/E718CCAF  created: 2012-08-01  expires: never       usage: E
[ultimate] (1). Navtech (Navtech Encryption) <Qantas.ifsmetrics at tcs.com>
gpg> pub  1024D/9E98BC16  created: 1999-06-04 expires: never      trust:
-/q
gpg> fpr
pub   2048R/D36AB872 2012-08-01 Navtech (Navtech Encryption)
<Qantas.ifsmetrics at tcs.com>
Primary key fingerprint: 6CD3 D53B 26A7 AD59 9117  3EA7 A614 AC8F D36A
B872

Regards ,
Kamal
TCS
Ph:- 914466164678
Buzz:- 18002
Cell:- 919789964684
Mailto: kamalakannan.n at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Outsourcing
02/05/2013 08:22 PM
Re: GPG Decryption Issue

Am Di 05.02.2013, 17:19:38 schrieb Kamalakannan N:

> 1) When we Decrypting the file through Command prompt its works fine
>
> 2) When we Decrypting the same file through Datastage application we are
> facing an issue
>
> gpg: encrypted with RSA key, ID E718XXXX
> gpg: decryption failed: No secret key

Probably

1) either the application runs as a different user so that the secret key
is
not contained in the application's keyring

2) or there is a problem with gpg-agent (the key is protected by a
passphrase
and gpg-agent does not know the passphrase)

Hauke
--
☺
PGP: 7D82 FB9F D25A 2CE4 5241 6C37 BF4B 8EEF 1A57 1DF5 (seit 2012-11-04)

and any attachments. Thank you