GPG Decryption Issue

Kamalakannan N kamalakannan.n at tcs.com
Thu Feb 7 05:58:29 CET 2013

Hi Hauke ,

Application is run by the same user and  secret key is protected by a
passphrase.
We are trying to decrypt the same file from both Command prompt and
Datastage Application.

Actually we are  using the batch file to decrypt the file and we calling
the batch file through Datastage Application .

Batch file command is :
gpg --batch --passphrase-file E:\Data\qfbi\Navtech\Working\passphrase.txt
--output E:\Data\qfbi\Navtech\Working\NJS170203YBBNA.xml --decrypt
E:\Data\qfbi\Navtech\Input\NJS170203YBBNA.gpg

* Passphrase key available in the specified path

1)Is there any command is to check access for the application to decrypt.

Regards ,
Kamal
TCS
Ph:- 914466164678
Buzz:- 18002
Cell:- 919789964684
Mailto: kamalakannan.n at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Outsourcing
02/06/2013 05:25 PM
Re: GPG Decryption Issue

Am Mi 06.02.2013, 13:10:32 schrieb Kamalakannan N:

> Really thanks for the mail , but still am facing the same issue .
>
> when i try to import my public and private key once again through
Command
prompt ,CMD say's that my keys are already in keyring .

> I have  one query on Key IDs,
> while am importing massage show that Key ID file for both the keys are
same
but as fare i knew there is two different ID for different keys.

> Public Key ID  : D36AB872
> Private Key ID : E718CCAF
>
> Even my error show that Private key is missing.

Unfortunately I cannot see how you have cared about what I wrote you. You
just
repeat your statement. How shall that help?

> > Probably
> >
> > 1) either the application runs as a different user so that the secret
> > key is not contained in the application's keyring
> >
> > 2) or there is a problem with gpg-agent (the key is protected by a
> > passphrase and gpg-agent does not know the passphrase)

You have to ensure that both your command prompt call and the call by the
application use the same file.

1) The application could run as a different user.

2) The application could run chrooted.

3) The application could be restricted in its access rights by some LSM
(Apparmor, SELinux or similar).

Thus do this:

a) Compare the output of
gpg --list-options show-keyring --list-secret-keys
from both the command prompt and the application

b) Is the secret key protected by a passphrase?

Hauke
--
☺
PGP: 7D82 FB9F D25A 2CE4 5241 6C37 BF4B 8EEF 1A57 1DF5 (seit 2012-11-04)

and any attachments. Thank you