default keyring file formats

John A. Wallace jw72253 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 20 03:27:07 CET 2013

A lot of the documentation I see online includes references to files with
names like "foo.pub" or "foo.sec" as if these were public key rings and
secret key rings. However, I am accustomed to seeing keyrings like
"pubring.gpg" and "secring.gpg". Were the former of these used as keyring
files in the past, but nowadays the latter format are used?

John A. Wallace

The pen is mightier than the sword, but only if you get in the first stroke.