key ordering choices

John A. Wallace jw72253 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 21 16:50:00 CET 2013

When I use this command:

Gpg -list-secret-keys

The secret keys are listed from the keyring in my gpg homedir. When there
are several secret keys, what is the ordering criteria used by gpg to
display the keys within an individual keyring?  Do I have any control over
the ordering?  Also, "if" I wanted to have more than one keyring, and I were
to name them, for example, "secring1.gpg", "secring2.gpg", would my ordering
be respected by gpg in the display from such a command?

John A. Wallace

The pen is mightier than the sword, but only if you get in the first stroke.