Documentation on symmetric key options for GPGME

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 21 19:34:15 CET 2013

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:19, jtreinen at gmail.com said:

> own education, is it possible to force the use of AES (or any other cipher)
> using the GPGME library ? I don't see any parameters on the *

Not directly.  The usual advise I give is to set a different home
directory (gpgme_set_engine_info) and put an appropriate gpg.conf file
into this directory.  There is also an API in GPGME which allows to
modify certain settings in the configuration files; but this is just an
easy way to edit the conf files.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner