options files

Avi avi.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 17:58:13 CET 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Michael Hannemann
<mhannemann at meperia.com> wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2013, at 6:58 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
>
>> On 02/21/2013 07:50 AM, John A. Wallace wrote:
>>> Can I get a link discussing one or more of a typical situations when options
>>> files are used? Thanks
>>
>> Some of us are collecting "best practice" suggestions over here:
>>
>> https://we.riseup.net/riseuplabs+paow/openpgp-best-practices#update-your-gpg-defaults
>>
>> hth,
>>
>>       --dkg
>

> Fantastic tips, thank you.
>
> As to the "always set an expiration date", I certainly wish I had the first time I created a GPG key for my personal account, since that was several inattentive years ago, and I no longer know the passphrase.  (That's pretty much hopeless, right?)
>

> Michael

Well, a revocation certificate should be sufficient to kill the key
even if you forget the passphrase.
----
User:Avraham

pub 3072D/F80E29F9 1/30/2009 Avi (Wikimedia-related key) <avi.wiki at gmail.com>
   Primary key fingerprint: 167C 063F 7981 A1F6 71EC ABAA 0D62 B019 F80E 29F9