[Sks-devel] pool.sks-keyservers.net issues

Niels Laukens niels at dest-unreach.be
Thu Feb 28 10:06:27 CET 2013

On 2013-02-28 09:36, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2013-02-28 at 09:12 +0100, Niels Laukens wrote:
>> On 2013-02-28 00:50, Phil Pennock wrote:
>>> The best fix is to use gpg with a real cURL library.
>>
>> I'm currently using a downloaded binary from gpgtools.org. I don't see
>> libcurl in the list of shared objects used by the binary (otool -L,
>> Mac's equivalent to ldd), so I assume gpg was build without libcurl
>> support and I need to build a gpg2 myself. Am I correct?
>
> Or use gpg 1.

This is a workable workaround for me.

>> I agree with your sentiment on (1). TCP clearly states that this is the
>> expected behavior (quote from RFC793 section 3.5):
>
> Standards say one thing, real world experience says another.

I agree.
(Just for completeness: I don't mind changing behavior from
"standard-compliant" to "real-world working" as long as the latter is
still standard-compliant. Which is the case for this discussion)

>> (3) will solve thing in the future. Is someone already working on a
>> patch? Since my options are (a) live with the problem or (b) compile a
>> fixed version, I can just as well patch and compile the curl-shim-part.
>
> The GnuPG folks have a patch in tree, they just need to port it across
> from the 1.4 branch to the 2.0 branch.

I'll keep an eye on the mentioned bug report for progress

Thanks!
Niels