[Enigmail] Problem with automated decryption of encrypted drafts? (Key unlocking popup nightmares)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jan 2 20:18:27 CET 2013

On Wed,  2 Jan 2013 19:50, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

>> GnuPG 2.x, and there is nothing Enigmail could do about it. AFAIR
>> there is an option in gpg-agent.conf to disable blocking the X session.

It is called --no-grab.

> Do any gnupg contributors have suggestions about the "fails to cache my
> 'cancels'" concern Sini raised above?  I'm not sure how the pieces could

I am not sure what he means.  However, recent GnuPG's and pinentries
have a cancel-all feature: Either the pinentry features an appropriate
button or you use the close-window button of the pinentry which also
sends the cancel-all message.

This is useful if gpg starts looking for --throw-keyid keys and you know
that you don't have the key.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner