gnupg not working with RHEL 4

Anilkumar Padmaraju apadmaraju at prounlimited.com
Thu Jan 3 20:37:28 CET 2013

Hi,

This is an important issue for me.  I would really appreciate, if any one
can help.

Server 1:
I have a server with Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update
5) and having gnupg version 1.2.6.

When I am trying to import a key, I am getting below problem and the key is
not getting imported.  The key is 2048 bits.

# gpg --import /key.asc
gpg: DSA requires the use of a 160 bit hash algorithm
gpg: DSA requires the use of a 160 bit hash algorithm
gpg: DSA requires the use of a 160 bit hash algorithm
gpg: DSA requires the use of a 160 bit hash algorithm
gpg: key ACF6FA22: no valid user IDs
gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:           w/o user IDs: 1
#

Server 2:

I have an another server with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5
(Tikanga) and with gncpg version 1.4.5.  On this I am able to import the
same key successfully.

Unfortunately, I cannot upgrade Linux on Server 1.  What I have to do to
solve the problem with gpg import on Server 1?

Do I have to upgrade the gncpg on Server 1 or is there alternate solution?
If I have to upgrade gncpg, to which version of gncpg I have to update?  I
cannot use up2date because the Server 1 is not subscribed to RHN.  So what
will be the alternate way to upgrade without up2date.

Thank you very much,

Anil.