Invalid packet error message

DUELL, BOB bd9439 at att.com
Tue Jan 8 00:31:20 CET 2013

-----Original Message-----
>From: breaka at srv1.adept-hosting.net [mailto:breaka at srv1.adept-hosting.net] On Behalf Of Anonymous
>Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 3:14 PM
>To: DUELL, BOB
>Subject: Re: Invalid packet error message
>
>>  gpg
>>  --homedir /opt/app/apps/dbmprod/gpg
>>  --local-user "mykeyID"
>>  --imdm_extract_20121221.dat
>>  --decrypt imdm_extract_20121221.dat.pgp
>>

>make --output imdm_extract_20121221.dat
>last in command line
>
>[reply to list]

Unfortunately, that's not it; I get:

gpg: WARNING: unsafe permissions on homedir `/opt/app/apps/dbmprod/gpg'
gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
usage: gpg [options] --decrypt [filename]

Also, here is my setup:

bd9439 at dspsas01 $ gpg --homedir /opt/app/apps/dbmprod/gpg --version
gpg: WARNING: unsafe permissions on homedir `/opt/app/apps/dbmprod/gpg'
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.11

Home: /opt/app/apps/dbmprod/gpg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH, CAMELLIA128,
        CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

And yes, I know it's an old version.  I just have not had a reason to upgrade; what we have has worked fine (until now).  And yes, the "unsafe permissions" is understood.  I have this installed in a "public" directory so all users can decrypt files (we have a common key to receive files from outside sources).  This is the first time I've seen such a message.  We will ask the outside sourced to re-encrypt and re-send the file (perhaps it was corrupted during FTP), but I'm curious what this error message means.

Thanks!

Bob