Error verifying encrypted and signed message

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sat Jul 13 17:15:30 CEST 2013

On 13/07/13 15:43, Thorsten Steinbrenner wrote:
> Wow that was quick! THX a lot for your answer! I thought it was possible
> to only verify an encrypted message without decrypting it....

The way it is implemented, only the recipient can see who actually
signed the message, so the person who signed is part of the secret
protected by the encryption.

If you really *need* to be able to verify files you can't decrypt, you
could first encrypt it and then sign the resulting encrypted file. But
it's a bit cumbersome.

HTH,

Peter.