encrypting multiple files into a single output file

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Jul 16 17:24:29 CEST 2013

Hi Ira--

On 07/16/2013 11:08 AM, Ira.Kirschner at sungard.com wrote:
> With PGP you can do something like:
>
> This will create a single "output file name" with the entire "filelist" each individually encrypted.

I don't have PGP, so i still don't know what the resultant file format is.

I did find this man page description (the X.509 certificate for the web
site is expired):

https://supportimg.pgp.com/guides/PGP_Command_Line_9.5.2_man_page.html#_Toc74983362

but it doesn't describe the structure of the archive.

could you send me (privately) one such archive with two small,
non-sensitive text files in it?

You can encrypt the archive to me using my key by fingerprint, after
first fetching it from the public keyservers:

 0x0EE5BE979282D80B9F7540F1CCD2ED94D21739E9

Regards,

	--dkg