GPG detection on Windows?

Henry Hertz Hobbit hhhobbit at securemecca.net
Thu Jul 18 22:23:10 CEST 2013

On 07/18/2013 05:15 PM, Anthony Papillion wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm designing an application that will run on Windows and utilize
> GNUPG. Right now, I'm detecting if GPG is installed by calling it
> then parsing the output of the command to see if it succeeded or
> failed. This is VERY messy and not my preferred way.
>
> Does GPG4Win install anything to the registry that I could check
> for to see if it's installed?

Yes.  Just fire up regedit and search for gnupg (or maybe just gnu).
There are also the folder / files in:

%ProgramFiles%\GNU\GnuPG

You probably just want to test whether either of these files
are there since them or one of the others is what you are using:

%ProgramFiles%\GNU\GnuPG\pub\gpg.exe
%ProgramFiles%\GNU\GnuPG\pub\gpg2.exe