Multiple email addresses - any alternative to ask everyone to sign all my keys?

Max Parmer maxp at pdx.edu
Tue Jul 23 23:22:11 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Philipp Klaus Krause <pkk at spth.de> wrote:

> Am 23.07.2013 21:04, schrieb Heinz Diehl:
> > On 23.07.2013, Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:
> >
> >> Of course it is annoying to have to ask everyone to sign three keys -
> >> after all they are all my keys, and the people I ask to sign my key all
> >> get to see the same passport. Is there a better alternative?
> >
> > Create/use one key, and add all the different addresses.
> >
> >> I do not consider my university computer safe enough to trust it with
> >> the private key for my private mail.
> >
> > In this case, why should anybody else trust in the integrity of your
> > identity? If you don't trust this machine, revoke the key and don't do
> > anything confidential on/with it.
> >

> That's not a practical solution. I want to be able to read encrypted
> mail sent to my university addresses on that machine.
>
> Philipp

Sounds like you might want an offline master key with a couple UIDs and
several subkeys.

Also if I didn't trust a system enough to use any secret key on it I
probably also would not want to expose decrypted messages to that system,
presuming the messages you receive have sensitive/important information in
them.

Something to consider if you really have cause to not trust that computer
might be setting up a dedicated, air-gapped system for
encryption/decryption.

--
Max Parmer
5D99 D929 93FE EE79 1645  D77A D771 E875 20CB D918