Multiple email addresses - any alternative to ask everyone to sign all my keys?

Christopher J. Walters cwal989 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 24 11:35:56 CEST 2013

On 7/24/2013 2:35 AM, Heinz Diehl wrote:

> You can't have security on a machine which is out of your control. If
> others have physical access to your machine at university, what you
> want isn't possible. They could simply install a keylogger or other
> monitoring.

Exactly.  My suggestion would grant more control over what may be run on a
computer, and would keep the keys of from all the computers.  However, it is
not a perfect fix - while it would likely defeat keyloggers on any of the
computers, I can think of a few ways that an attacker who knows what you use to
access your account to steal and use your key(s).

> (Btw: here in Norway, the results of your exams are never sen2d via
> email. They get send to you via a specially designed "website"
> (StudentWeb) which you can connect to providing your identity number
> and using encryption. Here's an example, choose one:
> https://www.studweb.no/ )

I am not familiar with the software used in Norway by universities.  I am only
familiar with Blackboard, which is used by many universities in the USA, and I
would not trust it for transmitting or receiving personal or confidential material.

Regards,
Chris