gpg use in Debian popcon

Bill Allombert Bill.Allombert at math.u-bordeaux1.fr
Wed Jul 31 13:51:17 CEST 2013

Dear GnuPG people,

I am the maintainer of Debian popularity-contest
<http://popcon.debian.org>

I would like to encrypt reports with a public key provided by the package
before sending them. Currently I am using the following invocation:
(Currently gpg used is 1.4.12)

gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring debian-popcon.gpg --trust-model=always \
    --armor -o "$POPCONGPG" -r "$POPCONKEY" --encrypt "$POPCON"

where debian-popcon.gpg contains only the public key.

But there is two issues:

1) This creates spurious empty files in /root/.gnupg

2) I was told --keyring will be removed in gpg2, and obviously I cannot
use gpgv.

So I would appreciate any suggestion for improvement.

Thanks in advance,
Bill <ballombe at debian.org>