Recommendations for handling (multiple) user IDs - personal and company ones

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Jun 11 03:05:56 CEST 2013

On 6/10/2013 8:15 PM, reynt0 wrote:
> As pointed out at the start of a gestural interface programming book
> I have, Apple iOS made it possible to use a fancy computer by using
> no more than the skills of a chimpanzee.

Interesting you should say that.  Apple's Certificate Manager
application (on Mac OS X) is an adventure in confusion: full-screen the
window and you'll easily get spammed with over two hundred different
widgets which can react to mouse clicks and menu presses.

> Could a model of using encryption be simplified enough that a UI
> matching it would make a semi-chimpanzee feel happy and comfortable
> using it?

Sure, but that's not the question.  The question is whether OpenPGP's
model could be, and whether such a simplification would improve
OpenPGP's adoption.  I think the answers are "no" and "not significantly."