encrypting to a user, "There is no assurance this key belongs to the named user"

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sat Jun 22 09:56:54 CEST 2013

On 21/06/13 12:34, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> It says "validity: unknown"

I just thought of something. If for some reason your /own/ key is no longer
trusted, you can make signatures all day but it won't increase validity.

If you do --edit-key A8983CE7, what does its trust say?

Your own keys should normally be trusted ultimately, so if it's not trusted,
just give the --edit-key command "trust" and choose option 5.

HTH,

Peter.

You can send me encrypted mail if you want some privayou cy.
My key is available at http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~lebbing/pubkey.txt