GpgEX for 64 bit Windows test version

Henry Hertz Hobbit hhhobbit at securemecca.net
Tue Jun 25 01:53:20 CEST 2013

On 06/24/2013 06:18 PM, Bob Henson wrote:

> When I ran
>
>  regsvr32 c:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG2\bin\gpgex.dll
>
> it just caused an error, saying "The module "c:\program" failed to load.
> Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to
> check for problems with the binary or dependant .dll files. The
> specified module could not be found."

Try putting double quotes at the start and end of the  string,
e.g.:

regsvr32 "c:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG2\bin\gpgex.dll"

I can NOT assure you that this will work but it probably
will.

I wished Microsoft had used just "C:/Programs/" instead of
"C:\Program Files\" for %ProgramFiles%.  I don't know what
to say about 64 bit other than don't mix / match.  Microsoft
could have used "C:/Programs/64/" but that would have made
too much sense.  Microsoft wants back-slashes instead of
slashes and a nice mix of punctuation marks in addition to
dot "." plus space characters in all folder and file names.
It doesn't work very well, especially for something done from
cmd.exe instead of the GUI.  How bad is it?  I COPY 7za.exe
to use it in scripts because I don't want to make registry
changes (%Path%) just to make it work from where it is at.

Sigh